Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

"Transition" painting

I took one of my most recent paintings to the art show this weekend before I even posted it to my website!  It is now uploaded & it can also be viewed on my website www.melissavlahos.com
I'm delving deeper into this technique and exploring the limits of my media.  For this painting instead of attaching my canvas to a particle board first, I worked on the canvas without attaching it to anything & keeping it on the drop cloth throughout.  The reason is because I'd like to create a very large painting in this technique, but because of the weight of the particle board while working & also for after when hanging I'm trying different methods.  The result is a preworked canvas stretched on canvas stretchers for hanging.  It worked wonderfully & solves those two issues with the weight.  Only difference is that it costs more to do the latter method :(
 
Quick thoughts whilst working on the painting:
Spring
Morning dew
Blooming
Awaken
Hot sun
Haze
Bright
TRANSITION
Comments welcome!  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment